2021 Virtual Legislative Day
Registration is now closed.
Advocacy and Policy Webinar Series:
This webinar series leads up to Legislative Day and will help prepare you for your legislative office visits. All of these webinars except the April 12th webinar are optional for Legislative Day participants, but we encourage you to attend. Webinars focus on what is advocacy, telling your story, and understanding health policy issues. You can register for these webinars on our Webinars page. Please note that Legislative Day participants are not automatically registered for all the webinars. You will need to register for each webinar individually.
- Telling Without Yelling: A Workshop on the Art of Telling Your Story (Part 2) (3/17) @ NOON
- Legislative Day 2021: A Virtual Advocacy Primer (4/12) MANDATORY @ NOON or 6 PM
What: This important day of advocacy provides a chance for individuals, families and allies of the bleeding disorders community to come together and share a united voice. Attendees will speak with key Senators and Assemblymembers and their staff to provide information about bleeding disorders and issues facing the bleeding disorders community.
–April 12 – (12 PM OR 6 PM) “Legislative Day 2021: A Virtual Advocacy Primer”, a pre-Legislative Day webinar
-April 13 – Team Practice Session (Times vary depending on team members’ schedules)
-April 14 – Virtual Legislative Day Virtual legislative visits with a legislator or staff (Times vary depending on legislator schedules.)
Where: Now a VIRTUAL event through webinars and online meetings.
- “Legislative Day 2021: A Virtual Advocacy Primer” is a pre-virtual Legislative Day webinar (approx. 1 hr.) that will prepare you for your meetings with elected officials.
- Registered participants will be assigned to geographically-aligned teams, similar to how HCC arranges a typical Legislative Day.
- Team Practice Session is for team members to meet each other before Legislative Day. Teams will run through the order of who will say what during office visits on Legislative Day.
- Legislative Day will include several virtual legislative visits with a legislator or staff. Each team will have a designated leader to coordinate the members during the Practice Session and on the meeting day.
Virtual Legislative Day Email and Social Media Campaign:
Unable to take time off on Legislative Day to go on virtual office visits? There are still ways you can participate! Using HCC’s Virtual Legislative Day email and social media templates, you can create messages to send to your legislators or post on their social media channels on April 14th. By flooding legislators’ social media channels and email inboxes with issues that matter to the bleeding disorders community, you can make a big difference! Watch this page for more updates in March 2021.
Questions about the program? Email email@example.com